Why do all the girls that really pique my interest have to be so far away.
laid is pronounced like paid but not said and said is pronounced like bread but not bead and bead is pronounced like lead but not lead
When did doing something ‘like a girl’ become an insult?
The part that gets me is at the end of the commercial, when they ask one of the first ladies if she had a chance to do her demonstration of “running like a girl” over again, what would she do differently and she says, “I would run like myself.” I legit cried.
I was in a small basketball league with a bunch of friends a few years back and remember we were playing our very first game of the season that ended in a humiliating defeat. In every category we were simply being outplayed, and it was one of the absolute most miserable feelings to be on the bench and watching the guys I put my trust in, the guys who I considered aces, to have such helpless looking expressions on their faces.
Whenever we played at the park, my friends were consistently relied on to win the game, always picked up first, always looked at to in the clutch. Me, I was never a scorer or did anything flashy, I was just a hustling defender. No one could ever match me in regards to stamina, and I was always the one who never gave up on the ball. I was also majority of the times the smallest guy on the court, yet I never backed down from trying to defend the other team’s center.
But this game was helpless. The team chemistry was broken and eventually everything just seemed to go wrong. I came in during the last few minutes and gave everything I had to bring it back, believing in some kind of miracle morale boost I could spark..
Eventually one of my friends went up to me and said, “You don’t have to try anymore, we’re not going to win.”
That was one of the angriest moments of my life, because I just couldn’t accept that my team would give up like that. We’ve made great comebacks before, and I’m always going to do my best if I’m on the court.
I still think about that game to this day, and remember to myself how being helpless truly feels.
REALLY just wanna take this chance to remind the people who follow me to not kill/trap opossums if they’re in your yard, and do not call animal control! Seriously.
- Opossums are literally 100% BIOLOGICALLY INCAPABLE of carrying rabies. Their body temperature is too cool to incubate it properly.
- Opossums are actually quite gentle and NOCTURNAL, so if they’re roaming, they’ve probably gotten lost, been injured, and are looking for a place to hide.
- Young opossums tend to try to climb into garbage cans when they’re starving. This is because THEY ARE LITERALLY STARVING. Don’t fucking shoot them or hit them with things because you wanna be some fucking macho top-of-the-food-chain cocksucker.
- Mama possums are amazing mothers and if you encounter an “aggressive” opossum, it’s probably because she’s got babies hanging off her nipple and she’s freaking out. They’re clumsy. Sometimes they don’t hear you coming and you catch each other off guard.
- Wanna lure an opossum off of your property? You can set up a box with some greens and cat kibble in it, hide it well, and lure them out that way. They’re actually quite harmless and keep other predators away. they eat lotsa gross stuff.
- Opossum mamas who get hit by cars often still have their helpless babies attached to them. Possums get a bad rep and people say they are “the dumbest animal”, but they are incredible creatures who have been around since the days of fucking dinosaurs so treat them well, okay?
One of my favorite animals!
look at that third pic - what a sweet lil honey
Animals are amazing please be kind💕
Every time this post comes around, I have to explain this.
Watch Dennou Coil, the most underrated anime pretty much ever.
- Yes, this is the standard of animation throughout the series.
- AND THIS IS A FILLER EPISODE.
- It’s basically about kids with what’s essentially Google Glass: The Game. The whole world is affected by this game. Traffic lights, school, anything.
- It’s good in the beginning and gets really, really good by the end.
- Shows the vulnerabilities of children.
- Well-written children in general. They fall under some tropes but they don’t suffer from the usual fallacies of writing children into series.
- And yeah, the filler episodes are really good. The whole series is worth watching.
Reblogging as a reminder to myself
wish this show was longer.
i’m gonna watch this
I GOTTA watch this later.
It was a moment Anthony Carbajal will never forget: standing on the stage of one of TV’s most popular talk shows, fighting for a cause that touches him and his family profoundly. All while his mom looked proudly on.